About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a History of Art student who adores and seeks inspiration from silent films and vintage clothes, especially from the twenties, thirties and fourties. After reading many incredible blogs that have enthused and influenced me, I decided to create my own, as I begin to wear vintage and become more immersed in the glamour of the past. x

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Gallivanting around Ludlow

Hi, I promised I would post again in the next couple of days so, as promised, here is my new entry. I still have quite a few posts still to go till I'm up to date, but I decided to begin with Ludlow, an idyllic market town which I know I have bought up before in a previous post, and I love going there when I have the time, it is over an hour away so its quite a jaunt. I have found many beautiful vintage pieces there, and will showcase more of them in the future. I go there often, mesmerised by the architecture, the castle and church are especially awe inspiring. Furthermore I enjoy wandering into the various quirky shops, cafes and of course the treasures in Pepper Lane vintage shop. After finishing my exams I decided that the perfect way to de-stress would be to take a trip to this beautiful old town, if you squint your eyes slightly and ignore the sounds of cars one can fantasise and day dream about being in an earlier era. I have spent time just staring up wondering and imagining how these shops would have looked in previous eras and the hats and outfits that would have been seen on the cobbled streets. 

 I am wearing a vintage inspired dress and cardigan from Laura Ashley.






 Even though it's the summer I'm still wearing wool tights, oh the British weather! The musician was very talented and had quite a crowd around him at one point.


De Grey's is a beautiful cafe and bed and breakfast, I couldn't resist indulging in their desserts.










I have no idea why but there were quite a few men walking around Ludlow wearing such extravagant outfits, and I wished I would have asked one of them.
.

All of the pictures in this post were taken by my talented sister, an aspiring photographer, who will be studying photography at university in September.

Evalily Harlow xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment