About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a History of Art student who adores and seeks inspiration from silent films and vintage clothes, especially from the twenties, thirties and fourties. After reading many incredible blogs that have enthused and influenced me, I decided to create my own, as I begin to wear vintage and become more immersed in the glamour of the past. x

Monday 30 July 2012

Sunbathing Sausages and Procrastination

Greetings and salutations!

 I will upload the pictures from the Antiques Roadshow visit to Wightwick Manor soon, suffice to say that we had a delightful time. I managed to speak to a few of the experts, they were all really friendly. Despite the  fact that they were wearing three piece suits in the sweltering sun, they all  looked very elegant. One of the experts, was wearing a pair of quirky and funky purple chords and had a very dashing handlebar mustache! There were some beautiful pocket watches, loved teddy bears, accomplished paintings, first edition books and an amazing Titanic display, but I am preempting myself, I will do a long post tomorrow about the experience. Today, I spent this morning reading a biography of Clara Bow, a thoughtful birthday present. I had not realised the extent of the harrowing experiences she endured and her ability to overcome her tumultuous poverty stricken childhood and  become an exceptional actress, only made me appreciate her more. After distracting myself with reading for a few hours, I spent the rest of the afternoon persevering with my research proposal for my masters. In between trying to keep myself motivated I got distracted by the dogs who had waddled out to join me in the sun. I saw that they were squinting in the sunlight so I ingeniously (not really) decided to see what they looked like in my recently purchased 1930s sunglasses, inevitably hilarity ensued! 

 



Yours from a sun lounger,

Evalily Harlow xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment