About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a History of Art student who adores and seeks inspiration from silent films and vintage clothes, especially from the twenties, thirties and fourties. After reading many incredible blogs that have enthused and influenced me, I decided to create my own, as I begin to wear vintage and become more immersed in the glamour of the past. x

Thursday 13 December 2012

Forest Fashion

Sorry I haven't updated this blog in a while. I have so many posts I want to write, but I have spent the last few weeks hibernating; completing projects for university.

I broke up for Christmas on Tuesday, so, with more time to dedicate to this website I should be updating more frequently (fingers crossed). To begin, I have been meaning to upload these pictures for a while, as you can tell due to my hair still being in the style of a twenties bob, they were taken earlier this year. My sister, the budding photographer, shot them for a project she had to complete. The brief was to photograph someone close to you and their fashion choices, this lead to me and Beth (check out her website for more pictures from this photoshoot and further examples of her work) taking pictures in the middle of a freezing albeit picturesque forest. I think she has great potential and oozes talent (but then I'm, of course, very biased!). I especially love the way she captures shadows and her use of perspective.

When it came to deciding what to wear, I chose a few of my favourite winter outfits, that hopefully compliment the setting, including: an amazing green vintage fur collared dress,with exquisite detailing; an incredibly warm and comfortable white French connection coat; my beautiful plum forties coat avec a modern reproduction forties hat; and not forgetting my brown buttery soft leather gloves from Dents.









Yours,
Evalily Harlow xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment